Together-Forever
Together-Forever
Together-Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeالبوابةGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Heartless Background
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» الــــــــجــدول
Assignment I_icon10Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:49 am by muneef13

» Assignment
Assignment I_icon10Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:29 am by ஜ‏.•ღ‏‏.♥lubna♥.ღ‏‏•.ஜ‏

» The Poem we r going 2 study 2morrow
Assignment I_icon10Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:03 am by muneef13

» وينكم؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟
Assignment I_icon10Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 am by ஜ‏.•ღ‏‏.♥lubna♥.ღ‏‏•.ஜ‏

» ؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟
Assignment I_icon10Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:43 am by ஜ‏.•ღ‏‏.♥lubna♥.ღ‏‏•.ஜ‏

» Name Ordered
Assignment I_icon10Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:30 pm by ஜ‏.•ღ‏‏.♥lubna♥.ღ‏‏•.ஜ‏

» هـــــــــــــــــام
Assignment I_icon10Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:20 am by muneef13

» الــجـــدول
Assignment I_icon10Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:26 pm by muneef13

» اكـــــــــــــيد مــــدري
Assignment I_icon10Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:02 am by muneef13

Assignment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
muneef13
In Prison
In Prison

Male
عدد المساهمات : 132
نقاط : 231

Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Assignment   Assignment I_icon10Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:57 am

Assignment
Inform the students to do the homework because it will be as a part of mid-term exam

they should do the following:

1- take the news stories of the first page of both Yemen Times and Yemen Observer of the issue of last Thursday and they should analyze each news stories to find out if it is written with consideration to the news features (writing the lead at the beginning, using short words, writing the full names of persons in the initial reference, writing only the family titles of persons in the post initial references, writing the job title (or who is that person) of persons in the initial reference, spelling out the full words of abbreviations and acronyms in the initial reference, the use of third personal pronouns, the use use of noun phrases instead of prepositional pronouns, the use of active & affirmative sentences instead of the passive & negative sentences).

2- they should write a report that shows the rates of following these features in these news stories of each newspaper, for example: It is found that the 57% of news stories of Yemen Times follow the feature of writing a lead at the beginning of the news story, while in Yemen Observer, 90% of the selected news stories follow this feature. Regarding the feature of using the short words instead of long equivalents, 80% of the news stories in Yemen Times Newspaper are written with consideration to this feature, while 40% of the news stories in Yemen Observer follow this feature. and so on, they should do this for all the features in all the selected news stories of each newspaper.

3- Every one of you should also write four news stories about any news event taking place in the country, for example: the presidential elections, the bomb explosion in the Public Palace in Mukala, etc.

This assignment might be given 10-15 marks as a part of mid-term exam, so u should inform all of them

Best Regards

T. Maged Thabet
Back to top Go down
ஜ‏.•ღ‏‏.♥lubna♥.ღ‏‏•.ஜ‏
خبير
خبير
ஜ‏.•ღ‏‏.♥lubna♥.ღ‏‏•.ஜ‏

Female
عدد المساهمات : 177
نقاط : 222

Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assignment   Assignment I_icon10Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:29 am